Friday, April 28, 2006

Leapfrog?

While traveling the 4 lane highway to Bloomington to get to work, I came up behind a slow moving vehicle who was trying to pass a semi. It was difficult for him, I guess, as he was barely going any faster than the truck. Ok,... so I gave him a little space and stayed with him. The fellow behind me (and it was a fellow) didn't see all this and decided he could go faster if he were in front of me. Now, there are only 2 lanes in our direction, so he had to get in the slow lane and go around me to pass... and he did. And then he saw .... the hold up was not ME.

"I hope you're happy", I muttered to him. "You're SO much farther ahead now!" LOL

This leap-frog behavior continued as we managed to get around the truck, he pulled off into the right lane finally and I passed him and several others. For the next 20 miles we kept changing places and finally as we both exited at the same exit, one behind the other, it was evident.... It really doesn't matter... we both got there at the same time.

What makes people do this? Why do they think it will make a difference? All I can say is... What's Up With That?

No comments: