Thursday, October 06, 2011

Little Yummy Bites of Goodness!


I made CREPES today! From scratch! Yummm Ohhh Yummmm! WOW... Who would have ever thought it was that easy!!?Why on earth do people buy Crepe Mix? Let me tell you the recipe I used. I got it from Giada de Laurentiis yesterday when I saw her making them on TV. Yes, she does have a habit of making things look easy... but this WAS easy!

Put in blender:
4 eggs
1 cup milk (skim is fine)
1/2 cup flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/8 tsp salt

Hit BLEND for about 30 seconds. As long as it looks well blended and creamy it's good to go!

Heat small 8" frying pan (or a crepe pan if you have one). Keep it on LOW and put in about 1/2 Tablespoon of butter. Wait for it to look frothy and foamy (not brown!) and gently pour in 1/4 cup of batter. (Use the measuring cup so you don't put too much, or else you'll have an eggy pancake). Swirl the pan a bit to get it as large as the pan allows. Let cook about 45 seconds - 1 minute. You should see bubbles, or when you lift with a silicone spatula, it lifts easy and flip. Cook on other side 30-45 seconds. Get parchment paper ready to lay it on and I layer a sheet in between each crepe to allow them to cool. (They are easier to handle when slightly cooled).








That's it, my friend, you have crepes. NOW what to do with them?

Ahhhh well today I did several things with them! 1st I made a jam filling. Take any preserves and warm them, maybe add a SMALL dash of vanilla. Instant filling! or...
- Slice a banana and lay slices in a row
- Slice strawberries, put on top of bananas
- Add a couple small dollops of... whipped cream, vanilla yogurt, pudding, ricotta cheese
Fold over, add a dollop for garnish! .... and ENJOY!

No comments: