Sunday, May 14, 2006

Flowers for Mother's Day? ...Order in April! and DONT use 1-800-Flowers!



I don't normally speak poorly of a company on the first time they fail to come thru with what they advertise, but this is the 2nd time...

"1-800-Flowers" or online at www.1800flowers.com ... for the 2nd time DID NOT deliver the flowers I ordered.

The first time was for a birthday, my daughter's birthday, and it was 3-4 years ago. I ordered those with plenty of notice... 3-4 days, and they never did show up! I swore then that I'd never use them again, and I waited a good long time before giving them a second chance. This year... that 2nd chance came... and they flopped.

On Friday, May 12, I ordered flowers for my mom to be delivered to her at her office. She has room for them there and can enjoy them all week long... The website promised SAME DAY DELIVERY if the order was placed before 2-pm in the time zone of the recipient. I made sure of making that deadline - I ordered at 9-am central, which was 7-am in her time zone...so they had 7 hours of advance notice!

Not only did the flowers not arrive on Friday, but they called me later and asked for her home address so they could deliver them on Saturday... I supplied them with not only her address but also her Cell phone number to make arrangements in case they missed her again. Did they arrive?... NO Did they call her?.... NO.

It's Sunday now.... still no flowers. I called them and asked what they intended on doing....

Yes, they did agree to issue a full refund, but that doesn't put flowers on my mother's table, now does it?

No comments: