Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Time for Pies!



Well this year I decided to make 2 pies. I know... there are only the two of us at home this year. But I LIKE Pumpkin pie, it's like a tradition, a part of Thanksgiving, that I am not willing to give up.... EVEN tho.... I know my hubby doesn't like it. Sooooo I asked what his favorite pie would be and he said "Chocolate".

Hmmm OK... I have never made a chocolate pie so I asked him to look up a recipe so I could see if I had all the ingredients. Cocoa - check, eggs - check, butter - check, sugar - check, vanilla & milk... when I had milk but I didnt think it'd be that creamy with skim milk so I picked up some 2% milk. I figure, let's go all out, it's Thanksgiving! LOL... actually I looked in the store for a quart or 1/2 gallon of whole milk but no deal, and I didn't see the need to buy a gallon! So I got a half gallon of 2%.

Making it didn't take anything at all! It was an easy recipe, and went together fast.It's cooling now. So now it's time to get started on the Pumpkin pie!

I already steamed the cut up pumpkin, disgarded the seeds, and mashed the pumpkin meat. Now onto the recipe...

No comments: